© Carline LM / Unsplash
Dental care is a critical issue for homeless persons. Often, they have to wait until they are in awful pain to be accepted for dental care at the emergency services. Acces to preventive care would, naturally, be beneficial to their dental health, and their global well being.
Therefore, DoucheFLUX took the initiative to collaborate with Dentalmobilis (mobile dental cabinet) for a dental care screening project, which aims at:
- offering a diagnose of the state of the dentition of each one
- giving individualized advise about dental hygiene
- handing dental hygiene kits to all
- if necessary, referring to dental emergency services (with a AMU/DMH form)
- collecting statistical data based on a representative sample (100) relating to the dental care needs of homeless persons
The purpose of collecting these statistical data is to have an overview of the financial impact of urgent and non urgent dental care and request the CPAS/OCMW’s support to take on the cost of non urgent dental care. That would be financially beneficial but also better, if possible, the health condition of persons living in precarious circumstances.
- Tuesday 24.08.2021, from 9.00 to 18.00
- at DoucheFLUX, rue des Vétérinaires/Veeartsenstraat 84, 1070 Brussels
- registration at the DoucheFLUX reception desk or with a Whatsapp message to Binta (nurse) 0472 50 48 00, at the latest on 20.08.2021
- dowload the poster
- for more information, contact Binta Liebmann Diallo via mail or 0472 50 48 00