Outreach involves going out onto the streets to meet homeless people, keeping in touch with them, supporting and advising them, providing personal hygiene kits, encouraging them and suggesting steps to take and possible activities for them. Our outreach workers listen to homeless persons and gives them information about services available not only at DoucheFLUX but also at all the other organisations fighting against homelessness in de the Brussels’ region.
In short, outreach work is about creating and maintaining links.
Practical information (during the confinement)
- From Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 12.30
- Two teams per day:
1. Gare du Midi/Zuidstation, Porte de Hal/Hallepoort, Porte de Namur/Naamsepoort
2. Gare Centrale/Centraal Station, Cathédrale Saints Michel et Gudule, Grand-Place/Grote Markt
- Distribution of water and coffee
- Contact DoucheFLUX outreach team: 0470 96 78 22