You have some time, some specific (professional) capacities… to share to the benefit of homeless people coming to DoucheFLUX? Below you can find some ‘job descriptions’.
Don’t hesitate to contact Yasmine Sabi by sending her an e-mail for any questions/new ideas you might have, for more information, or to apply!
To ensure the smooth running of the day centre services, DoucheFLUX needs 9 volunteers each day.
- Tuesday to Friday from 8.15 to 12.15 and/or from 12.00 to 15.30
- Saturday from 10.15 to 16.00
- Volunteers do not work every day, but according to their availability. A roster is drawn up on the basis of each volunteer’s availability.
To ensure that our volunteers are well prepared, they must first follow a free one-day training course – Tous VIP – Volontairement Impliqués en Pauvreté ! (Everyone is a VIP – Voluntarily Involved in Poverty!) – run by the Belgian Red Cross.
Douche solidaire douche
We are looking for a volunteer who can assist in the follow-up of the douche solidaire douche:
- French/Dutch speaking with good knowledge of Dutch/French
- likes to get around Brussels by bike
- available on weekdays a few times a month
Street & Read
Do you like reading and cycling? If you do, then our Street & Read project is for you. Every Friday, a bicycle bookmobile stops by Brussels’ Gare Centrale and Gare du Midi to to make reading more accessible to all, and you will be able to chat and exchange favourite books with homeless people who are just as passionate about reading as you.
DoucheFLUX offers many weekly activities, courses and work shops that would benefit greatly from your energy and enthusiasm!
Concretely, you can:
- support an activity that is already running (e.g. magazine, radio, sport, yoga …)
- support an activity that is just getting started (e.g. choir, mobile library, French classes …)
- propose a new activity, whether a long-term activity or a “one-off”!
Worth knowing: you are not alone! Serena, the coordinator of activities and training, is here to support you and accompany you! Don’t hesitate to contact her by email to share your ideas.
On Wednesday, DoucheFLUX is only accessible for women: 100% women. Volunteers at that moment are preferably women ! Following the success of the hairdressing, manicure, pedicure, skincare and massage services on 100% women, we are also looking for hairdressers, beauticians and masseurs/masseuses available at that moment, so that we can offer this on a weekly basis.
Watch below the BRUZZ coverage of 100% women on the occasion of Brussel Helpt 2019: